gis-l: ADMIN - ArcSDE and ESRI License Service

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:51:42 -0400

GIS Users,

We apologize for thrashing you today.  The situation is that the other =
half
of EPIC31 is sick.  Since EPIC30 (the other half of the box) and EPIC31 =
have
the same power supply, to shutdown EPIC30 also kills EPIC31 (our side of =
the
box).  Compaq is on site and is working with BIS staff to try to resolve =
the
problem.  Unfortunately, the box will be up and down unpredictably until =
we
can find the source of the problem.  Thus, ArcSDE and ESRI license =
service
will be going up and down without notice, possibly for the rest of the =
day.

Again, we apologize for these interruptions in service.  Thankfully, our =
UNIX
boxes are usually very stable and we enjoy a very high degree of up-time
relative to industry standards.  Sometimes however, bad stuff happens.  =
This
is one of the those times.

-Linc

Linc Clay