gis-l: DATA - GIS Needs Assessment Recommendations

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:30:39 -0400

GIS Users,

David Stage, our GIS Needs Assessment contractor has completed the =
analysis
and recommendations work.  I want to thank those of you that =
participated in
the Assessment for your hard work.  I also want to assure you that your
efforts are being translated into concrete actions that DRAM/BIS is
undertaking.  Some of these actions are as follows:

1 - The Needs Assessment recommendations are being passed first to the =
IMS
study team, and then onto the ITGC.  To this end, David presented theses
recommendations to the IMS Project Advisory Committee last Thursday.

2 - There are three recommendations for immediate action on the part of =
the
ITGC.  These include (1) launching a feasibility study to determine the
mechanics and costs of getting better imagery more frequently, (2) =
launching
a short feasibility study to work with DOR to determine the mechanics of
making a cadastral (property boundary) layer available to our users, and =
(3)
allocating the funding to purchase a better road network that will =
support
geo-coding.

3 - In addition to these recommendations, there are several that deal =
with
data integration issues.  It was recommended that the ITGC direct the =
IMS
study team to consider these in drafting their study report.

4 - There were about 50 datasets identified as needed enterprise data.  =
Over
the next six months, the staff of DRAM/BIS will be contacting some of =
you
concerning specifics on these enterprise datasets.  At the end of this
period, DRAM/BIS will again report to the ITGC on the status of these
enterprise datasets.

You may view the recommendations and the summary document presented to =
the
IMS study team and the ITGC at

	http://depnet/bisnet/bisgis/files/ginarecs12.pdf

Again, thanks for your help in making this effort successful.

-Linc

Linc Clay
Bureau of Information Systems/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd., MS 6520