gis-l: ArcSDE, ESRI Licenses, ArcIMS Down - Additional Information

Clay, Linc Linc.Clay@dep.state.fl.us
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:51:44 -0400

GIS Users,

We apologize for the service disruption.  The HP/Compaq GS-160 that =
houses
both EPIC30 (production Oracle) and EPIC31 (the ESRI License Manager and
ArcSDE) are down.  HP/Compaq engineers are on site, but at this time we =
have
no ETA.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to stand up an alternate ESRI License
Server.  We will also try to provide an alternate location for the =
ArcView
3.2a extensions.   I will let you know if and when we succeed with the
alternate services. (We will have to get new keycodes from ESRI.  =
Sometimes
it takes days, sometimes it takes only a few hours.)  Even if the GS-160 =
is
revived in the next short while, we will try to build these alternate
services in case we continue to have problems.

As a result of these disruptions of service, the Systems Group is going =
have HP/Compaq rebuild the GS-160 as soon as practicable.

Again, I know this is very disruptive and I am as upset about it as you =
are.

-Linc

Late Breaking News - The HP/Compaq engineers believe they can revive =
EPIC30
(production Oracle) by noonish.  EPIC31 (ArcSDE) appears to be down for =
the
count (i.e. down all day).  I'll let you know if there is any change.

Linc Clay
FDEP/DRAM/BIS/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400