gis-l: Desktop ArcGIS 9.0 Available (BUT NOT RECOMMENDED)
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:45:37 -0400
ArcGIS 9.0 Desktop was released by ESRI recently. Several of you have
expressed an interest in it. We are making it available to the you on =
is" and untested basis. We DO NOT recommend installing it unless it
advertises a necessary function that you need and that is not available =
ArcGIS 8.3. We have not fully tested it and the user forums report =
Tallahassee users with a fiber connection to the intranet may use the =
button" install from the web at
Users not connected to the intranet by fiber may wish to use the =
CDs we have shipped to the District GIS Coordinators (or IT Coordinators
acting in that capacity). =20
Installation Notes -
* With either install (network or CD), administrator privileges are =
to successfully install ArcGIS 9.0.
* ArcGIS 8.3 tools (DataMiner and ImageTools) are NOT compatible with =
* Users CANNOT run ArcGIS 8.3 and 9.0 parallel. They must uninstall 8.3
prior to installing 9.0.
* We recommend waiting for the 9.0.1 or 9.1 release of ArcGIS (coming in =
* Installation instructions are available on the intranet for network
installs and included with the CDs for local installs.
* A service pack is now available at the URL above.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
2600 Blair Stone Rd, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400
Voice: 850-245-8295, SC 205-8295
Fax: 850-245-8263, SC 205-8263