gis-l: ArcGIS 9.2 Desktop Install is Available
Linc.Clay at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Dec 6 15:20:23 EST 2006
The ArcGIS 9.2 Desktop installation package is ready. Navigate to the
BIS/GIS software installation page (
http://depnet/gis/services/installs_index.htm ) and click on the 9.2
installation option. Select the "ArcGIS 9.2 Network Installation". An
installation package has been copied to each District GIS server. Please be
sure to select the installation package FROM YOUR LOCAL SERVER as identified
by your district name. Also, there is an installation packed for installing
to your C, D or E drive. Make sure you have enough room on the drive you
plan to install to. (See the requirements information available from the
* We are NOT recommending that you upgrade to ArcGIS 9.2. It is a new
release. There have been some issues with rasters in 9.2. However, if 9.2
offers features that you would like to use, our testing indicates that it is
reasonably stable. For information on the new features of 9.2, visit the
ESRI web site ( http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/about/whats-new.html ).
* We are removing from our web pages the installation packages for ArcGIS 8.3
and 9.0. We will no longer be supporting 8.3 or 9.0.
* We plan to shut down the 8.3 license manager early next year, so if you are
still using 8.3, please plan to migrate to 9.1 or 9.2 by the first of the new
* ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 and 9.1 will continue to function (although we will not
be supporting 9.0 and the 9.0 install page will no longer be available).
* The Leica Image Analysis extension is NOT compatible with ArcGIS 9.1 or
9.2. Since this extension has almost no use, we have discontinued support
for it. If you are using Image Analysis, remain on 9.0 (even though we are
not actively supporting 9.0, it will still run fine).
* DataMiner does NOT work with 9.2, however the Data Catalog works fine. We
are not planning on porting DataMiner to 9.2, but we are planning on building
a quicker version of Data Catalog that does not display thumbnails. Our goal
is to create a product that provides the speed of DataMiner with the search
(keyword, text, and spatial) capabilities of Data Catalog.
* The Lat/Long Button and Lat/Long Tool that were supported only at 8.3 will
be discontinued. (These functions are built into ArcGIS 9.x).
* Table2Point appears to be compatible with 9.2.
* QuickZoom also appears to be compatible with 9.2 (although it is supported
by DWRM programmers).
* ImageTools is not supported at 9.2. If you need to use image tools for
mobile computing, we suggest you stay at 9.1. (ImageTools is also supported
by DWRM programmers.)
* We have not yet received the ArcGIS 9.2 digital documentation library (with
all the manuals and "how tos" in PDF form). When we do, we will link to them
from the installation and help web pages.
Robert L "Linc" Clay, GISP
Data Processing Manager/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Rd, MS 6520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400
Voice: 850-245-8295, SC 205-8295
Fax: 850-245-8263, SC 205-8263
Email: linc.clay at dep.state.fl.us
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GIS-L