gis-l: ArcDiscovery October

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Sep 23 13:40:12 EDT 2009

Please join us Tuesday, October 6th for the next ArcDiscovery Session in BMC
609 at 2pm.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, think how useful a detailed aerial
image could be!  We will have Edwin Abbey, FL NHD Coordinator demonstrate an
ArcGIS tool you can add to your dashboard that will allow you to access BING
and Google Maps for a location you designate.  Staff who are involved in any
kind of field reconnaissance, geo-referencing or ground-truthing should not
miss this.

Ever wish you could download an updated-copy of your data from Data Miner?
Our next presenter, Rene Arbogast; WITS, will walk us through the steps for
getting our local geospatial data into the FDEP GIS Library and then into
MapDirect for use on the Web.  It is easier than you think!

Attendees will also participate in an informal survey and be able to nominate
new ArcDiscovery topics.  Mark your calendar and I hope to see you there.
Kim

Kimberly Jackson

Watershed Data Services Section /GIS

Bureau of Watershed Restoration

Division of Environmental Assessment and Restoration

Florida DEP, mail station 3525

Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400

voice (850) 245-8547

e-mail kimberly.d.jackson at dep.state.fl.us

The Department of Environmental

Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and

improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of

service you received. Copy the url below to a web browser to complete the DEP

survey: http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Kimberly.D.Jackson@dep.state.fl.us Thank you in advance for completing the survey.