gis-l: DEP GIS Job Opportunity- Closes December 7, 2011
Jackson, Kimberly D.
Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Wed Nov 23 11:07:42 EST 2011
Please share the following with anyone you think might be interested. Thank you.
The Watershed Data Management and ERP/GIS Section in the Bureau of Watershed Restoration is accepting applications for a full-time OPS Environmental Specialist III position. Applicants must apply for this position through the People First Service Center.
Req. No: 37950029-51309966-20111122140026
Working Title: OPS ENVIRONMENTAL SPEC. III
Broadband/Class Code: 19-2041-02
Position Number: 37950029
Annual Salary Range: $21.31 / hour
Announcement Type: Open Competitive
Facility: BLAIR STONE DEP
Pay Grade/ Pay Band: 01024
Closing Date: 12/7/2011
The State Personnel System is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website<http://dms.myflorida.com/human_resource_support/human_resource_management/for_job_applicants/e_verify>.
JOB FAMILY: LIFE, PHYSICAL AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: LIFE AND PHYSICAL SCIENCE
OCCUPATION: ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS AND SPECIALISTS, INCLUDING HEALTH 19-2041
Summary of Duties: As a GIS analyst providing technical support to the rotating basins cycle community, this employee establishes and maintains effective working relationships with external agencies to gather geo-referenced data pertaining to Florida's Watershed Management process. When necessary, inspects, converts and edits existing geospatial data to assure compliance with Departmental or program GIS quality control standards; applies existing or develops new analytical methods when appropriate and follows accepted cartographic conventions and data management procedures to produce maps or map products in support of Rotating Basins community requests.
Collects, inspects, converts and edits geospatial data from a wide variety of sources both internal and external to FDEP to assure compliance with Departmental or program GIS quality control standards and its accuracy. Performs data creation and data integration; applies existing or develops new analytical methods when appropriate to support programs that need to develop spatial information for project areas. Supports the development of spatial analysis for the program's project; produces as needed paper maps, on-line maps or images to distribute for proofing of changes and/or edits of coverage's; uses programming languages to simplify tasks within GIS software and creates models to standardize and optimize processing tasks. Develops mechanisms to distribute analytical results to stakeholders.
Participates and works effectively as a leader, facilitator, or member of bureau or section approved teams. Teams will be created as needed to facilitate completion of tasks related to the implementation of rotating basin approach, to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the section or bureau, or to resolve process or work problems. Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Essential) include:
1. Bachelor's Degree in the Physical or Natural Sciences or related field of study.
2. Knowledge of the terminology, principles and analytical techniques of the physical or natural sciences.
3. Knowledge of Geographic data collection and analysis principles and procedures.
4. Ability to collect, evaluate, analyze and interpret scientific and geospatial data.
5. Ability to proficiently use ESRI's ArcGIS software.
6. Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to environmental programs.
7. Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate GIS projects.
10. Ability to organize and document project methodologies.
11. Ability to communicate effectively.
12. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
13. Ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred) include:
1. Skill in using ESRI's ArcGIS version 10
2. Skill in recording detailed information for documentation and creating metadata
3. Skill in using ESRI's Model Builder and Web Mapping Applications
4. Knowledge of the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD)
5. Ability to process information logically
6. Ability to create and share GIS projects and results
7. Ability to conduct short and long range GIS projects
8. Ability to write technical data processing reports
Position Requirements: Valid Driver's License
Position location: Bob Martinez Center, 2600 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee, Florida
To apply, please submit a completed State of Florida employment application through the People First system.
For questions concerning this position, please contact:
Kimberly Jackson; Systems Project Administrator
Phone: (850) 245-8547
Please take a few minutes to share your comments on the service you received from the department by clicking on this link DEP Customer Survey<http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=Kimberly.D.Jackson@dep.state.fl.us>.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority (850-245-2411) or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Kimberly Jackson; GISP
Watershed Data Services Section
Bureau of Watershed Restoration
Division of Environmental Assessment and Restoration
Florida DEP, mail station 3526
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400
voice (850) 245-8547
fax (850) 245-7571
e-mail kimberly.d.jackson at dep.state.fl.us
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GIS-L