gis-l: scale dependable transparency

Lagos, Jorge Jorge.Lagos at dep.state.fl.us
Mon Sep 29 13:45:19 EDT 2014

I wonder if it is possible at all to set transparency levels based on the scale. I thought I was overlooking something very simple but perhaps it is not that simple since I am still trying to figure out scale dependable transparency.

Essentially, I want to have a polygon showing  solid from far away but 10% transparent when zoomed close in.

Currently, I have to add the layer twice and apply one scale for the solid and the opposite for the hollow (or  10% transparency)

[cid:image001.png at 01CFDBEB.9A59FD20]

Thanks for any input.

Jorge

Engineer IV