gis-l: GIS Conference Oportunity

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Mon Apr 24 07:58:01 EDT 2017

At last week's FDEP / WMD GIS Manager's Meeting, we were asked to share this announcement about a GIS focused conference in Orlando.  Please coordinate with your Program Area GIS Coordaintor to see if this should be included in your training plan (due 4/26).

All - Attached is the "Save the Date" flier for the 2018 AWRA GIS & Water Resources conference.

We're looking for suggestions for topics to develop into special sessions / tracks that will be of interest or beneficial to Florida statewide GIS.

Current topics in development:

  *   Remote Sensing applications in Water Resources
  *   The National Water Model
  *   Open Water Data Initiative
  *   National Flood Interoperability Experiment
  *   Drones
  *   NHD
  *   Technology Showcase (format borrowed from NOAA Coastal GeoTools)

Kimberly Jackson, GISP
GIS Manager
850.245.8296  (X- 58296)