gis-l: Thursday Morning: GIS Emergency Support Layers & Imagery

Jackson, Kimberly D. Kimberly.D.Jackson at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Sep 14 12:54:39 EDT 2017

Here's the latest from our GIS Coordination call with DEM.

Another long one so please scroll down  and forward to interested parties - ESPECIALLY those needing imagery flown.  PLEASE send Jason Ray (cc'd here) any requests for imagery you need to have flown in the declared counties above. You will need to submit a GIS Shape file of the area.  Contact me to have that created if you need assistance.  PLEASE CC me on your request.  E-mail Jason for details of what can be flown.  We have requested several areas so feel free to touch base with me to see if yours is covered.  I hope to have a map available shortly, of DEP requests.

  1.  Please keep sharing and using the debris reporter app.  It can now be found on the DEP internet home page<http://dep.state.fl.us/mainpage/default.htm>:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D32D58.97D9ED50]

  1.  Expansion of county declaration
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D32D58.97D9ED50]

  1.  Imagery available today:
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D32D58.97D9ED50]

  1.  Example of imagery flown:
[cid:image007.jpg at 01D32D58.97D9ED50]

  1.  Please contact me if you need this imagery as we are making it available via Map Direct as soon as it becomes available.  More flights are being flown today.

  1.  Resource page from DEM GIS here<http://www.floridadisaster.org/gis/index.asp>.

  1.  The St Johns River and Sante Fe River are being flown and will be available shortly.

  1.  Coastal Lidar acquisition by the COE in COE Districts 3,5,6 to access beach erosion and storm impacts.

  1.  Please e-mail me if you have any imagery access issues or questions about GIs related response resources.  Thank you for your patience as we share out this information.

Kimberly Jackson, GISP
GIS Manager
850.245.8296  (X- 58296)