[Pharmwaste] Request for Disposal Info for a Compounding Pharmacy

drmille at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu drmille at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 30 18:30:01 EDT 2007

My name is Daniel Miller, a student pharmacist for the University of
Iowa.  I am currently on an experiential rotation at a compounding
pharmacy, where they create original drug products from multiple
ingredients.  They have alot of expired chemicals that need to be
disposed of properly.  I am curious if anyone knows of a good
resources for COMPOUNDING INGREDIENT DISPOSAL.  Many of the products
that need to be disposed of are not active ingredients, but excipients
that are purchased in bulk when making
ointments/creams/sprays/capsules/etc.

Thank you,

Daniel Miller