[Pharmwaste] Pharma poll

Gilliam, Allen GILLIAM at adeq.state.ar.us
Fri May 30 13:34:56 EDT 2008

unsure of this poll's origination but if it's even an inkling of the
knowledge level of our water/wastewater officials, we've got a loooong
outreach road ahead of us.

allen gilliam
adeq state pretreatment coordinator
501.682.0625

Poll Results

Recent reports say reverse osmosis and nanofiltration are effective in
removing most pharmaceuticals and endocrine disruptors. What is your
facility doing to address this?

Nothing, this is not a problem for us.

84%

Beginning plans and finding money to test our water.

16%

Taking advantage of offers to have water tested for free and contacting
vendors for additional advice.

0%

We already have these technologies in place.

0%

Poll Archive

*                  Has your water department/community raised water
rates in the last six months? <http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=438>

*                  Does your community have a process for notifying the
public in the event of a sewage overflow?
<http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=439>

*                  More people on Earth lack basic sanitation than safe
drinking water. How would you address this?
<http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=440>

*                  Companies and cities targeted by federal and state
regulatory enforcers seem to be paying up and moving on without too much
fuss. Do you think this is because...
<http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=419>

*                  Environmental groups often get the attention of
government and the public by filing lawsuits. Is this an effective tool?
<http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=395>

*                  In the event that research shows farm conservation
measures do put food safety in jeopardy, what do you think the
government should do? <http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=420>

*                  Alabama, Georgia, and Florida were unable to
negotiate terms for water management and are heading for court. How
would you end this water fight?
<http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=394>

*                  What is the greatest threat to the water industry in
the next 10 years? <http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=367>

*                  How much will water scarcity affect your job in the
next five years? <http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=354>

*                  The Clean Water Act is 35. What is the most important
addition legislators could make to this law?
<http://wwn-online.com/mcv/polls/?sid=346>