[Pharmwaste] Re: Pharmwaste Digest, Vol 45, Issue 5

Charlotte A. Smith csmith at pharmecology.com
Tue Jul 14 00:01:01 EDT 2009

It would be important to determine if the state in which the drugs are
left at schools would still consider them exempt from the hazardous
waste regulations under the federal household exclusion. That's entirely
possible since they were originally consumer generated. That is probably
a state-by-state decision, similar to the long term care issue.

Best regards,

Charlotte A. Smith, R. Ph., M.S., HEM

Director, PharmEcology Services

WM Healthcare Solutions

12229 W. North Ave., Suite 2

Wauwatosa, WI 53226

414-292-3959

414-915-4026(cell)

414-479-9941 (fax)

csmith at pharmecology.com

Waste Management's renewable energy projects create enough energy to
power over 1 million homes.