[Pharmwaste] Household pharms (even haz waste) excluded

Howard Anderson ndboph at btinet.net
Wed Apr 7 12:02:38 EDT 2010

Dear Pharmawaste:

If we are going to make any real progress in getting these unused drugs
collected and destroyed you all need to decide what process should be used.
If incineration is the best, then you need to lighten up and let us help the
consumer destroy them without a bunch of restrictions on the collection,
shipping, storage, etc. of these items, or we will simply abandon the
effort, as we have several times in the past, and the will end up in the
sewer, or trash, again.

If we make every consumer drive from North Dakota to an incinerator in
Illinois to deliver their expired drugs, we will make a lot of air
pollution, or it will never happen. You get to decide which.

Sincerely,

Howard

Howard C. Anderson, Jr.,R.Ph.
Executive Director