[Pharmwaste] Household pharms (even haz waste) excluded

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) Jennifer.Volkman at state.mn.us
Wed Apr 7 13:45:54 EDT 2010

MN actually regulates that way too (once collected, manage HHW as HW if it is HW according to RCRA definitions). But that is in accordance to our own state rules, which we can temporarily modify with well developed and documented policy for more immediate relief. The policy may eventually become rule. This allows a more timely solution to issues like HH Pharm management that were never conceived when we first drafted what we thought were excellent rules.