[Pharmwaste] Is household disposal of unused medication banned anywhere?

Gilliam, Allen GILLIAM at adeq.state.ar.us
Wed Apr 21 13:28:31 EDT 2010

it was a while back, but with all of our Pretreatment cities having to modify/revise their ordinances to be current 40 CFR 403 (national pretreatment regulations), in casually asking around, several cities had placed that specific prohibition ("no pharmas shall be flushed") in their new ordinances for what it was worth.  I believe I had also mentioned it would be a city code provision almost impossible to enforce.

allen g