[Pharmwaste] RE: National take-back program - what kind of incinerators?

Tony Madruga tony.madruga at dvault.com
Wed Aug 25 10:13:57 EDT 2010

All,

Let us know if we can do anything to help. More info can be found at <http://takebackexpress.com> takebackexpress.com<http://takebackexpress.com>

Best Regards,

Tony Madruga
dVault Companies, Inc
Mobile: 303.885.3320

On Aug 25, 2010, at 6:25 AM, "Price, John L. \"Jack\"" <John.L.Price at dep.state.fl.us<mailto:John.L.Price at dep.state.fl.us>> wrote:

Allen: I like the “friendly” competition between Ark and Maine!

It sounds like the program will be using portable incineration units. Can you provide any details like brand, model? Does “scattering mobile incinerators around the state” give any of your air reg people heartburn (it would to ours!)?

We found the same thing in FL: Diversion trumps environment. The last pharm take back bill proposed in FL was about diversion first with an environmental footnote. But that’s OK – it gets us to the same place so it doesn’t matter what horse we ride.

Jack

John L. (Jack) Price
Environmental Manager
Waste Reduction MS 4555
2600 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL  32399-2400
Phone:850.245.8751
Fax: 850.245.8811
john.l.price at dep.state.fl.us<mailto:john.l.price at dep.state.fl.us>
www.dep.state.fl.us/waste<http://www.dep.state.fl.us/waste>
Please Note:  Florida has a very broad public records law.  Most written communications to or from state officials regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request.  Your e-mail is communications and may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

The Department of Environmental Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Michael W. Sole is committed to continuously assessing and improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of service you received. Simply click on this link to the DEP Customer Survey<http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=John.L.Price@dep.state.fl.us>. Thank you in advance for completing the survey.