[Pharmwaste] Disposal of Medicine in Antique Bottles

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Mon Oct 10 17:58:33 EDT 2011

I just wanted to add that there wouldn’t be any reason to keep the liquids or whatever is left in the bottles. Chemicals become unstable over time. And I did inspect a couple of University chemistry labs that did no training or certification and were not real  savvy on proper assessment for disposal. They just put most everything “under the hood”. On the other hand, we also have the U of Minnesota’s chemical safety day program that will go around to campuses, evaluate chemical supplies and properly manage chemicals for redistribution or disposal. They do it at schools at every level, for a fee, in MN. Maybe there is a similar program. If not, I’d go the route of the HW disposal contractor.