[Pharmwaste] RE: Human Albumin

Gina_Vallone at doh.state.fl.us Gina_Vallone at doh.state.fl.us
Wed Apr 24 07:50:15 EDT 2013

Leigh Ann,

You are correct in your interpretation as the definition of biomedical waste, found in Chapter 64E-16, Florida Administrative Code, does specify blood and blood products are biomedical waste.  Also, intact glass may be disposed directly into a red bag.  If you are disposing of quite a few bottles, a sharps container is recommended.

In the future, should you have any other questions regarding biomedical waste, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at gina_vallone at doh.state.fl.us.

Gina Vallone-Hood, CEHP
Environmental Administrator
Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
Bureau of Environmental Health
Facility Programs Section
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Bin A-08
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3017

P: (850)245-4273         F: (850)487-0864

Mission:

To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.

Vision:
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation

Values:
I nnovation:  We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration:  We use teamwork to achieve common goals & resolve problems.
A ccountability:   We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness:  We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence:  We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials regarding state business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

Take a moment to tell us how we are doing...
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xZrlJf55HcEzlgNNifmk8Q_3d_3d <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xZrlJf55HcEzlgNNifmk8Q_3d_3d>