[Pharmwaste] Aurora HS in WI- $340K fine

Gilliam, Allen GILLIAM at adeq.state.ar.us
Mon Jun 2 12:33:52 EDT 2014

Good story Catherine,

As these enforcement stories spread regarding hospitals putting haz waste into their dumpsters, d'ya think they'll simply go to plan B and flush them instead?   Regulatory/environmental harm ignorance is bliss.

Waiting to see a similar story about a long-term care facility (more volume en masse I would expect) doing the same.

How does one reach these "legal cartels"?  A comprehensive/required class in nursing school would be a start in my mind...

Where's that proposed Disposal Act Laurie?  You have the forum.  Who has the huge educational clout?

Would love to hear Charlotte's ideas,

Allen Gilliam
ADEQ State Pretreatment Coordinator
501.682.0625