[Pharmwaste] it's June, and the DEA's final regulation is???

Shield, Margaret Margaret.Shield at kingcounty.gov
Tue Jun 3 01:20:35 EDT 2014

Hi pharmwaste listserv folks,
Is anyone hearing anything tangible from DEA or OMB or any of the feds about timing of release of final regulation for disposal of controlled substances by medicine take-back programs?

DOJ advanced the final draft rule to OMB on 2/25/14.  My understanding is that OMB then should then complete its review in 90 days, or request a 30 day extension, or send the draft rule back to DOJ for modification.
My calendar reads June 2nd today...more than 90 days from Feb. 25th.   Does anyone know if any of those actions have happened?

A number of agencies and organizations sent emails to DEA and OMB in mid to late April asking about the timeframe for release of the final rule after it did not appear in March as stated in the last Federal Register announcement. I've not heard of any responses to our requests for information.

Please share any info you have with the listserv, or to me directly.
Thanks all,

Margaret Shield PhD, Policy Liaison
Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County
(desk) 206-477-6238
(cell) 206-265-9732
Local Governments for Health and the Environment - www.lhwmp.org<http://www.lhwmp.org/>

>From OMB's Regulatory Dashboard: