[Pharmwaste] Destruction Product Rx Destroyer

Ed Gottlieb EGottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Thu Apr 9 14:57:44 EDT 2015

Hi Brian,

The manufacturer says the DEA ran tests and orally agreed the product achieved the non-retrievable standard.  Though they have made many requests, over many months, the DEA has not provided a letter they can use to back-up this claim.

I left a message with the DEA administrator who was their contact person for product testing.  I don't have much hope that I will have better luck than they did in getting a response.

Pills would need to be removed from blister packs for this type of products to be effective.

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal
Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator
Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility
525 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY  14850
(607) 273-8381