[Pharmwaste] RE: Vitamins and Supplements

Ed Gottlieb EGottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Fri Aug 14 12:13:54 EDT 2015

Hi Amy,

I think Ross makes a good point.

It could also be argued that keeping the list of not accepted items as small as possible makes the process simple.  If sorting accepted from not accepted items gets complicated, there is a risk that program participation could decrease.

Does the chromium issue preclude you from utilizing Covanta's free disposal option?  They seem to have a number of energy facilities in CT.  Rx4Safety at covanta.com<mailto:Rx4Safety at covanta.com>.

When you and a law enforcement officer empty the drop boxes, are you doing any sort of inventory or was your observation a casual one?  I'd be very interested in getting details of any inventory results you have and are prepared to share.

Thanks!

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal