[Pharmwaste] RE: Poison centers offer med disposal info

Ed Gottlieb EGottlieb at cityofithaca.org
Wed May 27 12:17:50 EDT 2015

Donna,
Thanks for sending this out.  It is shocking to me that Poison Control would sign on to a poster that doesn't mention take back programs and states outright that all OTC's can be thrown away.  While that may be true from a legal standpoint, common sense says some of them will negatively impact the environment and possibly human health.

I will send them my feedback on the poster and their website and I urge others on this list to do likewise.  Thanks!
Poster:  https://aapcc.s3.amazonaws.com/files/library/KnowYourOTCs-Safe-Medicine-Disposal-Poster.pdf

Website feedback to: Schuster at aapcc.org
Poster feedback to: outreach at aacpp.org

Ed Gottlieb
Chair, Coalition for Safe Medication Disposal
Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator
Ithaca Area Wastewater Treatment Facility
525 3rd Street
Ithaca, NY  14850
(607) 273-8381