[Pharmwaste] RE: Poison centers offer med disposal info

Volkman, Jennifer (MPCA) jennifer.volkman at state.mn.us
Wed May 27 18:55:15 EDT 2015

Go Ed, and everyone else! I sent this to my contact at FDA to see if they are aware that this organization cherry picked from the FDA and DEA website for disposal. They both first recommend using community take back options over putting drugs in the trash.

I've talked with FDA about making the messages more consistent between the FDA and DEA. They've made slight changes, but they still have the list of controlled substances for which they recommend sewering. The person from FDA (Sonia) said they won't likely discontinue recommending sewering  until drop boxes become more available across the US.

JV