[Pharmwaste] New on the PSI Blog: Putting the "Green" in Walgreens

Suzy Whalen suzy at productstewardship.us
Fri Feb 12 10:00:11 EST 2016

Good morning all,

As you're aware, Walgreens announced this week<http://news.walgreens.com/press-releases/general-news/walgreens-leads-fight-against-prescription-drug-abuse-with-new-programs-to-help-curb-misuse-of-medications-and-the-rise-in-overdose-deaths.htm> that they will set up collection kiosks at 500 stores in 39 states to accept controlled and non-controlled prescription drugs. In this one move, Walgreens joined those of us who have long promoted take-back as one of the safest ways to manage leftover drugs.

In PSI's newest blog post<https://productstewardshipinstitute.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/putting-the-green-in-walgreens/>, PSI's CEO and founder, Scott Cassel, explores how we got to this point and why Walgreens' move is so significant.

Read the blog post: "Putting the 'Green' in Walgreens"<https://productstewardshipinstitute.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/putting-the-green-in-walgreens/>

Thanks,
Suzy Whalen

*Our apologies for any cross-postings.
Suzy Whalen
Outreach and Communications Coordinator
Product Stewardship Institute, Inc.
29 Stanhope St., 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02116
P: (617) 236-8293 F: (617) 236-4766
TTY: please dial 711.
www.productstewardship.us<http://www.productstewardship.us/>
suzy at productstewardship.us<mailto:suzy at productstewardship.us>
Follow our Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Product-Stewardship-Institute/224328115936?ref=ts>, Twitter<http://twitter.com/productsteward> and Blog<http://productstewardshipinstitute.wordpress.com/>