[Pharmwaste] FW: Request Support for Cook County's proposed extended producer responsibility ordinance

Catherine Zimmer zenllc at usfamily.net
Fri Mar 18 12:17:43 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Just a comment, while EPR helps eliminate sewering as a disposal method for
un-used drugs, it likely does nothing in the realm of true source reduction
and pollution prevention.  To do that we need to minimize consumption and
excretion of pharmaceuticals, and other personal care product chemicals that
are sent to the sanitary sewer and ultimately our aquatic systems.

Very truly yours,

Catherine Zimmer, MS, BSMT

Executive director, HEARRT Midwest

Principal, Zimmer Environmental Improvement, LLC

Reducing and managing healthcare related waste and costs for fifteen years.

St. Paul, MN

Ph:  651.645.7509

 <mailto:zenllc at usfamily.net> zenllc at usfamily.net

extended producer responsibility ordinance

The last sentence on the first page needs to be rewritten to make any sense.

--S