[Pharmwaste] FW: Request Support for Cook County's proposed extended producer responsibility ordinance

Gilliam, Allen GILLIAM at adeq.state.ar.us
Fri Mar 18 13:35:08 EDT 2016

Catherine,

I'm all the way in with you on Pollution Prevention.  Keep beating that drum!

It seems EPA forgot its Pollution Prevention Act of 1990 (http://www.epw.senate.gov/PPA90.pdf ); especially ALL of its functions in Sec. 6604(b).

Wonder if Scott Cassell and his group can get Gina McCarthy's attention on this one?

It's great some counties and States are having luck forcing Big Pharma pay for take-back programs, but those costs are only going to be piled back on you and I in the form of higher prescription costs.  Where's the break-even point?

I've recently seen/heard of only some cancer meds are now being tailored to the age/weight of the patient.

Keep flying the P2 banner Catherine, but I don't believe Big Pharma is going to move in the source reduction direction in our work life times (at least not mine).

Sincerely,

Allen Gilliam
ADEQ State Pretreatment Coordinator
501.682.0625