shrug-l: Creating Shapefile

Mayo, Michele Michele.Mayo@dep.state.fl.us
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:55:42 -0400

Ken,

If you have access to ARC/INFO Workstation, you could take the contour =
.shp,
digitize a boundary around the extent that you want, import it into =
ARC/INFO
with the SHAPEARC command and then BUILD polygon topology.  You'll need =
to do
some QA for errors, but once you have a clean polygon feature class, =
then you
could export it as a .shp and do your clip.

Michele Mayo, GIS Analyst
Florida DEP, BIS/GIS
2600 Blair Stone Road MS 3580
Tallahassee, FL 32399
(850) 245-8658
michele.mayo@dep.state.fl.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Stocks [mailto:turkeyb99@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:03 AM
To: shrug-l@lists.dep.state.fl.us
Subject: shrug-l: Creating Shapefile

I was wondering if anyone could assist me in creating
a shapefile.  Here is the situation.  I would like to
clip a county (shape) with contours (lines).  I can
clip a shape with a shape but not a shape with a line
shapefile.  Creating a shapefile of the areas between
the contours could be very useful for me.  If anyone
has a suggestion it would be appreciated. =20

Thanks,
Ken Stocks
Gadsden County
850-627-5335