shrug-l: Creating Shapefile

Joe Noble jnoble@ttrs.org
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:01:40 -0400

Ken, In either 3.x or ArcGIS, select the contour feature (single
line)and create a shapfile, use x-tools to convert line to poly, this
should work, Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us
[mailto:shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us] On Behalf Of Ken Stocks
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 9:03 AM
To: shrug-l@lists.dep.state.fl.us
Subject: shrug-l: Creating Shapefile

I was wondering if anyone could assist me in creating
a shapefile.  Here is the situation.  I would like to
clip a county (shape) with contours (lines).  I can
clip a shape with a shape but not a shape with a line
shapefile.  Creating a shapefile of the areas between
the contours could be very useful for me.  If anyone
has a suggestion it would be appreciated. =20

Thanks,
Ken Stocks
Gadsden County
850-627-5335