shrug-l: SHRUG Workshop Call for Volunteers

Brandt, Holli Holli.Brandt@dep.state.fl.us
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:32:52 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4B7AD.23787B4F

As you know the Seven Hills Regional User Group for GIS is planning this
year's GIS Workshop. The conference dates have been set, the speakers =
have
been planned, and the food has been ordered. SHRUG is offering software
training at a discounted rate, and we have exhibitors and sponsors
representing the many disciplines of GIS.  This is going to be a very
exciting and informative workshop and is coming up right around the =
corner
from November 15-19. =20
=20
Although I am sure that you have all marked your calendars to attend, =
there
are still a few loose ends to tie up that may require your assistance in
making this year's conference a complete success.  We are looking for
volunteers to help ensure that the event runs smoothly. Tasks may =
include
registering guests, introducing/moderating the speakers at =
presentations, or
as simple as being in lobby areas to direct attendees and answer =
questions.
Even though the volunteers will be a crucial aspect to the success of =
the
conference, the opportunity will also put you face to face with a =
variety of
people within the GIS field and the possibility to share interests and
experiences.  If you would like to get involved, meet people, and be =
part of
the team, let me know. =20
=20
Volunteer commitments are very flexible, and will work around your
availability and interests.  You could volunteer for as little as 1 =
hour, or
as much as every hour of the conference, but we would hope for something =
in
between! =20
=20
If you have any questions please send me an e-mail with your contact
information (including e-mail and best telephone number to reach you).  =
Also,
let me know your availability during the conference and if you have a
specific area where you would like to be placed.  I'll add you to the =
list,
and create a tentative schedule for all the volunteers.  About a week =
before
the conference we'll have a "volunteer meeting" to discuss the further
details.
=20
Thanks for your support with this event, and I hope to hear from you.
=20
Tricia
=20
Tricia McClenahan
Tricia.McClenahan@dep.state.fl.us

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4B7AD.23787B4F

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.0.6396.0">
<TITLE>SHRUG Workshop Call for Volunteers</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">As you know the</FONT> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#008000" FACE=3D"Arial Black">Seven Hills Regional User Group =
for GIS</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> is=A0planning this =
year's=A0GIS Workshop. The conference dates have been set, the speakers =
have been planned, and the food has been ordered.=A0SHRUG is offering =
software training at a discounted rate, and we have exhibitors and =
sponsors representing the many disciplines of GIS.&nbsp; This is going =
to be a very exciting and informative workshop and is coming up right =
around the corner from November 15-19.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">=A0</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Although I am sure that you have all =
marked your calendars to attend, there are still a few loose ends to tie =
up that may require your assistance in making this year's conference a =
complete success.&nbsp; We are looking for volunteers to help ensure =
that the event runs smoothly. Tasks may include registering guests, =
introducing/moderating the speakers at presentations, or as simple as =
being in lobby areas to direct attendees and answer questions. Even =
though the volunteers will be a crucial aspect to the success of the =
conference, the opportunity will also put you face to face with a =
variety of people within the GIS field and the possibility to share =
interests and experiences.&nbsp; If you would like to get involved, meet =
people, and be part of the team, let me know.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">=A0</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Volunteer commitments are very =
flexible, and will work around your availability and interests.&nbsp; =
You could volunteer for as little as 1 hour, or as much as every hour of =
the conference, but we would hope for something in between!&nbsp; =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">=A0</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">If you have any questions please send =
me an e-mail with your contact information (including e-mail and best =
telephone number to reach you).&nbsp; Also, let me know your =
availability during the conference and if you have a specific area where =
you would like to be placed.&nbsp; I'll add you to the list, and create =
a tentative schedule for all the volunteers.&nbsp; About a week before =
the conference we'll have a &quot;volunteer meeting&quot; to discuss the =
further details.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">=A0</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Thanks for your support with this =
event, and I hope to hear from you.</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">=A0</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Tricia</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">=A0</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Tricia McClenahan</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Florida Department of Environmental =
Protection</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">850-245-8547</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Tricia.McClenahan@dep.state.fl.us</FONT>
</P>
<BR>