shrug-l: Creating a shape file out of Right of Way

Mayo, Michele Michele.Mayo@MyFWC.com
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:36:41 -0400

Hey Ken,

Could you do it with a negative buffer?  I think if you set the buffer
distance equal to slightly more than half the distance between the R/W
lines and also set the buffer operation to dissolve the results, then
you should get something close to what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,
Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us
[mailto:shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us] On Behalf Of Ken Stocks
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 8:33 AM
To: SHRUG
Subject: shrug-l: Creating a shape file out of Right of Way

How can you create a shape file out of the 'void'? =20
I would like to create a shapefile out of right of way
in Gadsden County.  I am working from the parcel map.=20
It seems like i could close off the right of way at
the county boundary and apply some type of fill...
like pouring a shape file in the mold.  Any
suggestions?

=09
	=09