shrug-l: Creating a shape file out of Right of Way

Tim.Cannon@dca.state.fl.us Tim.Cannon@dca.state.fl.us
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:10:12 -0400

--=_alternative 0058D35885257054_=

Ken:

I would find a coverage that simply consists of the boundary of Gadsden
County, then use ArcToolbox->Analysis Tools->Overlay->Union, to union the
boundary coverage and the parcel coverage.  The output coverage from the
union operation will contain polygons that consist of the areas within the
rights-of-way that are missing from the parcel coverage.

Timothy Cannon
Senior Planner
Florida Department of Community Affairs
Division of Community Planning
2555 Shumard Oak Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida  32399
(850) 922-1789
(850) 488-3309 - fax
tim.cannon@dca.state.fl.us

Ken Stocks <turkeyb99@yahoo.com>
Sent by: shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us
08/05/2005 08:33 AM

SHRUG <shrug-l@lists.dep.state.fl.us>
cc

Subject
shrug-l: Creating a shape file out of Right of Way

How can you create a shape file out of the 'void'?
I would like to create a shapefile out of right of way
in Gadsden County.  I am working from the parcel map.
It seems like i could close off the right of way at
the county boundary and apply some type of fill...
like pouring a shape file in the mold.  Any
suggestions?

--=_alternative 0058D35885257054_=

consists of the boundary of Gadsden County, then use ArcToolbox-&gt;Analysis
Tools-&gt;Overlay-&gt;Union, to union the boundary coverage and the parcel
coverage. &nbsp;The output coverage from the union operation will contain
polygons that consist of the areas within the rights-of-way that are missing
from the parcel coverage.</font>
Timothy Cannon<br>
Senior Planner<br>
Florida Department of Community Affairs<br>
Division of Community Planning<br>
2555 Shumard Oak Blvd.<br>
Tallahassee, Florida &nbsp;32399<br>
(850) 922-1789<br>
(850) 488-3309 - fax<br>
tim.cannon@dca.state.fl.us<br>
file out of Right of Way</font></table>
&nbsp;<br>
I would like to create a shapefile out of right of way<br>
in Gadsden County. &nbsp;I am working from the parcel map. <br>
It seems like i could close off the right of way at<br>
the county boundary and apply some type of fill...<br>
like pouring a shape file in the mold. &nbsp;Any<br>
suggestions?<br>
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
 &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<br>