shrug-l: Looking for Suggestions

Sykes, John John.Sykes@dep.state.fl.us
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:23:25 -0400

Sorry to screw-up her name.  I didn't finish my first cup of coffee =
before I
wrote that this morning.  The Naval Surface Warfare Center Computer =
Museum at
Dahlgren, Virginia use to have a lot of mementos from her work there
(including the bug, which is now at the Smithsonian).

-- John

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric_Songer@URSCorp.com [mailto:Eric_Songer@URSCorp.com]=20
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 1:58 PM
To: Sykes, John
Cc: shrug-l@lists.dep.state.fl.us; shrug-l-admin@lists.dep.state.fl.us;
watry@steam.coaps.fsu.edu
Subject: RE: shrug-l: Looking for Suggestions

Okay,

It's Friday, and while I refuse to weigh in on the lab software, I have =
have some fun.

Grace Hopper is her name and she has lots of good quotes.  She developed =
the
first compiler among other things.  I attached a picture of the first =
"Bug"
Sometimes I wish I could lay my hands on an actual "Bug"  My favorite =
Hopper
quote is: "Life was simple before World War II. After that, we had =
systems."

Oh, and I don't know what tech support Bill is talking about.  Every 2 =
years
I try and make another ESRI support call, just to see if it works any =
better.
It never does....  This list probably wouldn't get the traffic it does =
if you
could actually call ESRI (or use the online help) and get an answer.

Have a Good Weekend Everybody and Try and Stay Dry,

Eric Songer
URS Corporation
1625 Summit Lake Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32317
Direct: 850.402.6327
Main: 800.842.9671 ext. 327
eric_songer@urscorp.com

(See attached file: first_bug.jpg)

 This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you receive this
message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not =
retain,
distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should =
destroy
the e-mail and any attachments or copies.