shrug-l: It is again a ArcGIS thing ...

Clifton Ogden ogdenco at USIENG.COM
Tue Dec 13 10:06:23 EST 2005

I've had this issue with other applications but not ArcGIS.  For my past issues it has been the window size values/properties in the registry.  You can get in the registry and fix it or try:

1. Hold the Windows key + M key to minimize all windows.
2. Hold Shift key + Windows key + M to maximize the windows again.
3. Resize the application window.

Hope this helps.

Clifton

________________________________

From: shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us on behalf of Tan, Yurong
Sent: Tue 12/13/2005 8:01 AM
To: shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us
Subject: shrug-l: It is again a ArcGIS thing ...

Greetings!

I have a question that seems to be related to ArcGIS installation and/or OS and I would like to ask the Shruggers before proceeding to ESRI tech support.  The problem is that I can NOT resize the windows of ArcMAP or ArcCatalog.  They are either max-out the display window (when open) or become an icon (when close) in the OS's tool bar.  I do not know what causes that behavior or how it happened.  It appears that this behavior is related to Windows's or ArcGIS's security settings though I am not very sure.  This behavior becomes annoying because it prevents drag & drop on the ArcGIS desktop, especially when building models.

Can someone on this list shed some light on this?

Happy Holidays!

-Yurong

Yurong Tan, Ph.D., Program Analyst/GIS                                  Email: Yurong.tan at med.va.gov

PSSG, field unit for the Office of the ADUSH (Policy & Planning)        Phone: 352-374-6080 (x5382)

Department of Veterans Affairs                                                                                Fax: 352-374-6119

300 E. University Avenue, Suite 430                                                                  Web: www.med.va.gov

Gainesville, Florida 32601  USA

They all gave some and some gave all!