shrug-l: GIS Consultant position at FL Dept of Transportation

Lance Peterson lancepfl3@comcast.net
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:25:35 -0400

--=====================_3568015==.ALT

The Florida Department of Transportation, Business Systems Support Office,
is soliciting resumes for a GIS consultant. This is an independent
contractor position that would work through a FDOT contractor that I
represent. There are no benefits involved, however it is expected we will
submit prospective applicants at a rate of $45 to $55 an hour. This is a
full time position starting in July 2005 and is subject to annual renewal.

The Department is looking for a professional GIS consultant with the
following minimum skills:
    * Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of system
development and maintenance life cycles.
    * Ability to identify and define user needs and to analyze and design
computer programs, in accordance with the Department's standards.
    * Ability to prepare complex computer program specifications.
    * Skill in coding, thoroughly testing, and debugging complex
application components using web based and object oriented programming
languages (HTML, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET), using Oracle or DB2 databases.
    * Ability to prepare computer program test plans and to create test
databases and test environments.
    * Ability to think logically and to analyze and correct complex
computer program malfunctions and system problems.
    * Ability to provide technical direction to lower level analysts and
programmers.
    * Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments.
    * Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information related
to computer programming and data processing, both verbally and in writing.
    * Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain
effective work relationships with others.
    * Skill in customer service.
    * Ability to develop and maintain information systems documentation in
accordance with the Department's standards.
    * Skill in coding, thoroughly testing, debugging complex application
components using ESRI suite of GIS Products including ArcIMS and ArcSDE

If you are interested in this position, please email a reply and resume to
me ASAP via email or contact me by phone - 850-294-5253. All prospective
applicants have to be submitted by 6/23/2005.

Lance Peterson
Peterson Consulting, LLC
850-294-5253
lancepfl3@comcast.net
--=====================_3568015==.ALT

Support Office, is soliciting resumes for a GIS consultant. This is an
independent contractor position that would work through a FDOT contractor
that I represent. There are no benefits involved, however it is expected
we will submit prospective applicants at a rate of $45 to $55 an hour.
This is a full time position starting in July 2005 and is subject to
annual renewal.<br><br>
The Department is looking for a professional GIS consultant with the
following minimum skills:</font>
<ul>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Knowledge of the principles, practices and
techniques of system development and maintenance life cycles.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to identify and define user needs
and to analyze and design computer programs, in accordance with the
Department’s standards.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to prepare complex computer program
specifications.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Skill in coding, thoroughly testing, and
debugging complex application components using web based and object
oriented programming languages (HTML, ASP, <b>ASP.NET</b>, VB.NET), using
Oracle or DB2 databases.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to prepare computer program test
plans and to create test databases and test environments.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to think logically and to analyze
and correct complex computer program malfunctions and system
problems.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to provide technical direction to
lower level analysts and programmers.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and
prioritize work assignments.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Skill in interpreting and communicating
technical information related to computer programming and data
processing, both verbally and in writing.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to receive and give constructive
criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Ability to develop and maintain information
systems documentation in accordance with the Department’s
standards.</font>
<li><font face="arial" size=2>Skill in coding, thoroughly testing,
debugging complex application components using <b>ESRI suite</b> of
<b>GIS Products</b> including ArcIMS and ArcSDE
</ul><br>
If you are interested in this position, please email a reply and resume
to me ASAP via email or contact me by phone - 850-294-5253. All
prospective applicants have to be submitted by 6/23/2005.<br><br>
Lance Peterson<br>
Peterson Consulting, LLC<br>
850-294-5253<br>
lancepfl3@comcast.net</font></body>