shrug-l: JPEG2000 Compression?

Kawula, Robert robert.kawula at MyFWC.com
Thu Nov 3 08:47:56 EST 2005

Mark,

I can't really help you with your draw speed issue because we do not run
ArcSDE in our group, however we have experienced another issue when
using DOQ's in jp2 format.  We found that we could only display up to 18
jp2's (DOQ's) at one time in ArcMap.  If we add one more it shows up in
the table of contents but does not draw.  Adding an additional image
crashes ArcMap. I doubt that it is a memory issue as I am maxed out and
we have experienced it on different computers.  My solution was to use
the imagery in jpg format and I highly suspect it is a software
limitation.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? Has anyone out
there been able to add and view more than 18 DOQ's in jp2 format within
ArcMap?

**
Robert J. Kawula, Ph.D.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Florida Wildlife Research Institute
620 South Meridian Street
Tallahassee, FL  32308-1600
Ph.  (850) 488-6661