shrug-l: TAR GZ files

lance.peterson at dot.state.fl.us lance.peterson at dot.state.fl.us
Thu Aug 24 08:47:00 EDT 2006

You should be able to copy the files together at a windows command prompt:
like this:

copy cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part1 + cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part2 +
cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part3 cpmove-authent.tar.gz

The syntax is copy source1 + source2 + source 3 + ... destination

I would make sure you have quick edit turned on for the command prompt so
you can just copy
"+ cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part" to speed up building the copy command.

You may have to try the /A or /B flags for ASCII or Binary files. Enter
"copy /?" at the command prompt for syntax options.

Lance Peterson
Peterson Consulting / FL Dept. of Transportation
Business Systems Support Office
Office of Information Systems
Phone: 850-410-5545

"Tripp Corbin" <tcorbin at keckwood.com>
Sent by: shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us
08/23/2006 06:06 PM

<shrug-L at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
cc

Subject
shrug-l: TAR GZ files

I thought I would see if any of you might know the answer to this. I have
what appears to be a multivolume set of TAR files. I can not seem to get
them to open. I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a utility
and the proper syntax. Here is an example of a few file names:

cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part1
cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part2
cpmove-authent.tar.gz.part3

and so on to part 28.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP
Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc.
www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood, Inc offers instructor led and virtual training for ESRI's
ArcGIS & ArcView software.
Please visit www.keckwood.com for more information including a schedule of
upcoming classes.