shrug-l: ArcMap (9.1) problem ...Do I miss something?

Tan, Yurong Yurong.Tan at va.gov
Mon Dec 11 11:47:25 EST 2006

I have a problem and I am looking for pointers.  I am editing (more
exactly cutting/slicing up polygons) a polygon data layer in PGDB using
ArcMap 9.1.  I am baffled by the ArcMap behavior that a polygon will
expand (becomes much larger) every time when it is edited (cut or move).
This happens only to some polygons (out of thousands in the data layer).

I have closed the MXD and started ArcMap in a new session, but the
problem persists.  Has anyone encountered this behavior and would share
his experience?

Happy Holidays!

By the way, I just realized that the SHRUG-L accepts submissions of only
plain text messages after I got a bunch of bounced messages this
morning.

Yurong Tan, Ph.D., Program Analyst/GIS
PSSG - Field Unit of ADUSH for Policy and Planning
Department of Veterans Affairs
Tel:  352-374-6080 (x5382)
Fax: 352-374-6119