shrug-l: Geocoding Issue with ArcGIS

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Wed Feb 8 16:47:12 EST 2006

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered something I have
encountered regarding geocoding with ArcGIS. It appears that when
geocoding
against a Geodatabase feature class ArcGIS will not recognize changes to
either the centerline layer or the geocoding database once the geocoding
as
been run once. However if you geocode against a shapefile instead all
seems to work as expected.

I have encountered this problem with two of our clients now. One was
updating his centerlines to reflect his geocoding database and the other
was
updating his geocoding database to match his centerlines. Once they ran
the geocoding process one time any changes or updates were apparently
ignored.
Once they converted their centerlines to shapefiles everything worked.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP

Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping

ESRI Authorized Instructor

Keck & Wood, Inc.

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood, Inc now offers both instructor led and virtual training for
ArcGIS & ArcView. Contact me for more information.