shrug-l: Found the problem with the hp750c

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Wed Feb 15 11:19:36 EST 2006

John,
We have both a 1055CM and a 5500. The 1055 prints much faster than the
5500 though it does not produce as sharp or clear a print as the 5500.
For a plot only containing vector data though you can not tell much
difference however if you lay an aerial photo to the mix the difference
is quite apparent. The 5500 does a great job printing high resolution
maps including raster images. I have had some issues matching blue toned
colors in rasters files to those that print off the 1055CM. For example
our logo has a navy blue background. On the 1055 it prints fine. On the
5500 it prints purple. Vector prints seem to be ok though. Both plotters
have proven to be real work horses requiring very little maintenance.
The 1055 has been around for quite awhile and I believe will be replaced
with the 4000 series, which seems to combine the speed of the 1055 with
the resolution of the 5500.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP
Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc.
www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood now offers both Instructor led and virtual training classes
for ESRI's ArcGIS & ArcView software. Contact me for more information.