shrug-l: recreation symbols

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Thu Feb 16 10:06:24 EST 2006

Anne,
Look in the help under Styles. It will explain how to create new symbols
and how to import outside symbol sets. To find additional Styles (symbol
sets, north arrows, scale bars and ect..), I would first search ESRI's
support page (support.esri.com). If you don't find what you need there
then do a Google search. I am sure they exist somewhere. But if not you
can create your own.

Also if you have taken it or know someone that has, Intro to ArcGIS II
has a chapter about customizing ArcGIS including creating custom
symbols. You might find that helpful.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP

Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping

ESRI Authorized Instructor

Keck & Wood, Inc.

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood, Inc now offers both instructor led and virtual training for
ArcGIS & ArcView. Contact me for more information.