shrug-l: System Variable in Annotation

Ross,Gregory K gkross at ufl.edu
Tue Feb 28 12:10:57 EST 2006

John,

Try adding the following VBA code to your map. You will have to modify
it to suit your needs. You can email me if you have any questions.

Gregory Ross
Senior Laboratory Technician
University of Florida / IFAS
Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory
200 9th Street SE
Vero Beach, FL  32962
772-778-7200 ext 152
http://mosquito.ifas.ufl.edu/ <http://mosquito.ifas.ufl.edu/>
http://fmel.ifas.ufl.edu/index.htm <http://fmel.ifas.ufl.edu/index.htm>

Dim pMxDoc As IMxDocument
Dim pGraphicsContainer As IGraphicsContainer
Dim pPageLayout As IPageLayout
Dim pEnumElement As IEnumElement
Dim pTextElement As ITextElement
Dim pElement As IElement

Private Function MxDocument_OpenDocument() As Boolean

Set pMxDoc = ThisDocument
Set pPageLayout = pMxDoc.PageLayout
Set pGraphicsContainer = pPageLayout

Dim pPoint As IPoint
Set pPoint = New Point

'enter the x and y values of your text element here
pPoint.x = 2
pPoint.y = 2
'

Set pEnumElement = pGraphicsContainer.LocateElements(pPoint, 0.5)

pEnumElement.Reset
Set pElement = pEnumElement.Next
If TypeOf pElement Is ITextElement Then
    pGraphicsContainer.DeleteElement pElement
    Call Project.AddDate.AddText
    Exit Function
End If

Dim m_pMxDoc As IMxDocument
Dim m_pPageLayout As PageLayout
Dim m_pGContainer As IGraphicsContainer

Public Sub AddElement(AnElement As IElement, PagePosition As IGeometry)
Set m_pMxDoc = ThisDocument
Set m_pPageLayout = m_pMxDoc.PageLayout
AnElement.Geometry = PagePosition
Set m_pGContainer = m_pPageLayout
m_pGContainer.AddElement AnElement, 0
m_pMxDoc.ActiveView.Refresh

End Sub

Public Sub AddText()
Dim pTextElement As ITextElement
Set pTextElement = New TextElement

 ''retrieve the document title
 Dim pDocumentTitle As String
 Dim pDocument As IDocument
 Set pDocument = Application.Document
 pDocumentTitle = pDocument.Title

''display
pTextElement.Text = "The date / time is :  " & Now & vbCrLf & _
                    "The document name is :  " & pDocumentTitle

''create a point for the location of the text
Dim pPoint As IPoint
Set pPoint = New Point

'enter the x and y values of your text element here
pPoint.x = 2
pPoint.y = 2
'

AddElement pTextElement, pPoint