shrug-l: Introduction to ArcGIS II class in January

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Jan 3 16:08:20 EST 2006

Our January Introduction to ArcGIS I class is full but we still have
seats available for our Introduction to ArcGIS II class scheduled for
January 18-20. This class will be held at Keck & Wood's Corporate office
in Duluth, Ga located just behind Gwinnett Place Mall.

Introduction to ArcGIS II is a three-day course that extends what
students learned in Introduction to ArcGIS I with further exploration of
ArcMap and ArcCatalog. The course focuses on spatial analysis,
automation of spatial and attribute data, editing, and
annotation/labeling. Topics covered include:

*	Spatial analysis and data management: Buffers; Spatial overlays;
Extracting features for analysis; Analytical methods and tools

*	Geocoding and display of locations from tabular data: Address
geocoding; Display of points from x,y coordinates

*	Editing: Tools for creating and editing spatial data; Editing
attribute data; Spatial adjustment

*	Data automation: Data sources; Digitizing; Data conversion

*	Project management: Database organization; File and directory
naming conventions; Creating and using metadata

*	Geoprocessing: introduction to the Command Line window and the
ModelBuilder interface

*	Cartography: Advanced symbology and labeling

The class is taught by an ESRI Authorized Instructor. Our instructor has
over 16 years of GIS, mapping and surveying experience. He is familiar
with a wide range of GIS related software including ArcView GIS 3.x,
ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Autodesk Map, MapGuide, and Microstation.

The cost of the class is $1,100.00 per student. Discounts are available
for organizations that send 2 or more students. Those attending this
class need to have completed the Introduction to ArcGIS I class or have
equivalent experience.

Keck & Wood offers a range of both instructor led and virtual training
classes. Instructor led classes can be provided onsite in addition to
our regularly scheduled classes. Here is a list of class currently
available from Keck & Wood:

Instructor Led:

*	Introduction to ArcGIS I

*	Introduction to ArcGIS II

*	Fundamentals of ArcView 3.x

*	Importing AutoCAD data into ArcGIS (under development)

*	Importing Shapefiles & Coverages into Autodesk Map, Land
Development Desktop or Civil 3D (under development)

Virtual:

*	Introduction to Geoprocessing with Python in ArcGIS - $75.00

*	Introduction to VBA in ArcMap - $165.00

*	Advanced Labeling & Annotation in ArcMap - $75.00

*	Introduction to ArcObjects - $165.00

*	Creating .NET Web Services with ArcIMS - $75.00

*	Using Google Maps in your applications - $125.00

For more information please contact Keck & Wood's GIS Department at
(678) 417-4000 or  <mailto:gistraining at keckwood.com>
gistraining at keckwood.com

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP

Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping

ESRI Authorized Instructor

Keck & Wood, Inc.

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

(678) 417-4013

(678) 417-8785 fax

Keck & Wood, Inc now offers both instructor led and virtual training for
ArcGIS & ArcView. Contact me for more information.
Currently Scheduled Classes:
Introduction to ArcGIS I - January 16-17 at Keck & Wood Corporate Office
in Duluth, Ga.

Introduction to ArcGIS II - January 18-20 at Keck & Wood Corporate
Office in Duluth, Ga.