Answer: shrug-l: Kriging question

Brandt, Holli brandth at tesorocorp.com
Tue Jul 18 14:40:10 EDT 2006

Hello All -
I received an answer from an ESRI post, here is the response...

Subject	 Re: Kriging Question
Author	 Dan Patterson
Date	 Jul 18, 2006
Message	 that won't change the values in the grid, you need to reclassify or use the con statement within the raster calculator to reclass values less than 0 to 1
 	 Geomatics, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada

And for a translation....
changing the values in the classification will not change the values in the grid.  In order to change the values in the grid you must use 'Reclassify' in the Spatial Analyst pull down menu OR
use the 'Raster Calculator' in the Spatial Analyst pull down menu.  If using the Raster Calculator I typed setnull([yourgridnamehere] < 0, [yourgridnamehere] ) then it turned everything less than 0 to null/no data, hence taking out all the negatives.  Sounds pretty simple now.

-Holli