shrug-l: JOA's with Florida DEM

Richard.Butgereit at dca.state.fl.us Richard.Butgereit at dca.state.fl.us
Fri Nov 17 12:38:59 EST 2006

Did you have fun at SHRUG? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend both
days -- but I sure got a lot out of day one! Thanks again to all of the
committee members who put it together...they did another great job!

Now to the business at hand --

The Florida DEM has 2 Career Service and 1 OPS position within the GIS
lab. These GIS technician positions serve as members of the State
Emergency Response Team GIS section. The focus of this section is to
provide tools for decision makers that will facilitate decision making for
emergency planning, mitigation, and response. Successful candidates will
provide GIS data development, analysis, and map making technical services.
Candidate should have a thorough understanding of the terminology,
principles, and analytical techniques of geospatial technologies. A basic
understanding of web application and database design and maintenance is
required, and advanced web application and database development skills are
preferred.

Career Service Positions - for more information or to apply, please
visit...

https://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html?refnode=439386
https://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html?refnode=439355

If those links don't work, visit
https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm, on the left-hand side login
or click over West and choose Leon County, click search on next page, and
under Agency select DCA - Comm. Affairs and/or under Occupation select
SURVEYING AND MAPPING TECHNICIANS, and then click Search.

For best consideration, you may want to apply for both positions -- I
know, crazy, but apparently I can only recruit for a position within its
applicant pool, and I'd hate  to have 3 really great candidates apply for
1 position and none for the other position (if any other supervisors got
any hints on overcoming that, please contact me off-list).

OPS Position - for more information or to apply, please contact me.

Note that through People's First, another OPS GIS position is also
currently open within DCA.

Thanks,
Richard Butgereit
GIS Administrator, Florida DEM