shrug-l: employment opportunity

Anne Wilkinson awilkinson at wilbursmith.com
Fri Nov 17 14:35:18 EST 2006

GIS Analyst

Tallahassee, FL

Established in 1952, Wilbur Smith Associates is an international
transportation and infrastructure consulting firm providing professional
services in the fields of engineering, planning, and economics.  We
currently are recruiting for a GIS Analyst to work out of our Tallahassee,
FL office.

Working on-site at the Florida Department of Transportation office, this
position will work on projects requiring technical analysis relating to
transportation planning and will support our clients in the areas of
traffic, transit and multimodal studies, including corridor planning,
statewide long range planning, and origin/destination studies. They will
apply GIS procedures to perform detailed data analysis in support of
existing planning projects; assemble and organize various datasets within
GIS environment; produce maps for presentations and reports in support of
various planning projects; assist with the development and maintenance of
more complex databases including but not limited to GeoDatabases in MS
Access and/or MS SQL Server; and develop and maintain web-based GIS using
ArcIMS. Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in
Geography/Cartography or Planning and a minimum of one years experience with
ESRI ArcGIS software products. Also requires excellent verbal and written
communications skills and ability to successfully work in a team atmosphere.

To learn more about our company or respond on-line, please visit our website
at www.WilburSmith.com. Resumes may also be mailed to WSA, P.O. Box 92,
Columbia, SC 29202-0092, or faxed to 803-251-2064.   Please reference job
number AW10379.

EOE/M/F/D/V

R. Anne Wilkinson
Senior Recruiter
Wilbur Smith Associates
3060 Williams Drive, Suite 300, Fairfax, Virginia 22031
Phone: (703) 208-2187; Fax: (703) 280-1631
E-mail: awilkinson at WilburSmith.com
Website: www.WilburSmith.com