shrug-l: Combining Shapefiles

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Thu Feb 22 14:14:53 EST 2007

John,
If you are using ArcGIS, you can do this a couple of ways. The simplest
would be to start an edit session. Select all the polygons you wish to
consolidate into a single layer. Paste them in to a single layer. Lastly
Save and stop editing. You can also use the Simple Data Loader in
ArcCatalog to do this as well.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP

Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping

ESRI Authorized Instructor

Keck & Wood, Inc.

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

Keck & Wood, Inc offers instructor led and virtual training for ESRI's
ArcGIS & ArcView software.
Please visit  <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com for more
information including a schedule of upcoming classes.