shrug-l: Different Question

Johnson, Valerie johnsonv at talgov.com
Fri Jul 27 12:36:12 EDT 2007

John,

Two options in ArcMap without turning the legend into a graphic:

1)  If you have a frame turned on around the legend, you can increase the "gap" between the frame and the legend contents.  The default gap is 0.  Under Legend Properties, go to the Frame tab, and increase the Y gap.  Downside:  This will increase the gap both at the top and the bottom of the legend.

2)  Don't turn on the legend frame.  Instead, use the Draw Toolbar to draw a box around the legend, with no color as the fill.  You'll also want to right-click on the legend, go to Order, and select Bring to the Front.  Then group the legend, the box, and any text you've typed in.

Valerie Johnson