shrug-l: Problem with saving field order

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Fri Mar 9 08:51:11 EST 2007

I ran into something strange at a client site this week. They are
reordering the attribute fields of a feature class but for some reason
it will not save with the MXD. They are running ArcGIS 9.0 with ArcSDE
9.0 on Oracle. Is anyone else seen this problem? Does any one have any
idea on a fix? I have searched ESRI's forums and it says that should be
saved with the Map Document. It does seem to work that way if you use a
personal geodatabase or shapefiles but based on my experience with this
client it does not with SDE.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP

Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping

ESRI Authorized Instructor

Keck & Wood, Inc.

 <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com

(678) 417-4013

(678) 417-8785 fax

Keck & Wood, Inc offers instructor led and virtual training for ESRI's
ArcGIS & ArcView software.
Please visit  <http://www.keckwood.com/> www.keckwood.com for more
information including a schedule of upcoming classes.